If you hold a mortgage note for a home or commercial property, you can sell it for a lump sum of cash to a buyer in the secondary note industry. But before you proceed with the plan, it is important to understand how the process works so that you can get the best value from your mortgage sale.
How Can You Determine The Worth of Your Mortgage Note?
To help you understand how much money your mortgage note might worth, here are the factors typically considered to determine the value of your promissory note:
- Underwriting pay history (credit rating of the borrower)
- Property appraisal
- First position
- Date, amount and interest rate of remaining payments
- Clear title
- Length of mortgage term
- Down payment amount placed on note
You can find most of this information on your mortgage note and deed of trust.
How Can You Get The Best Value From Your Mortgage Sale?
Not all mortgage notes have the same value, but here are some of the proven industry tips for getting the best value from your mortgage note:
- Sell payments that are due in the next few years to get higher value.
- Notes with shorter overall terms will receive a greater cash value.
- Mortgage notes with clear terms in the deed and promissory note are much easier to sell
- The value of your mortgage note increases when low interest rates dominate the market.
- If a borrower has excellent credit, your discount rate will be smaller.
- It will be difficult to sell a note if a borrower has missed note payments.
How Do I Sell a Private Mortgage Note?
The selling process of a mortgage note is quite straightforward. You will need the security you received when completing your loan agreement, which is called a mortgage or trust deed. Once you decide to work with a note buying company and reach out to them, they will make an offer based on the current market rate, an appraisal of the property, the terms of the note and the company’s competitive rates.
Where To Find The Best Mortgage Note Buyer
If you’re ready to sell your mortgage note but don’t know where to start, get in touch with Simanda Investment LLC. today. Their financial experts will be able to answer any questions you may have about the process. Simanda Investment has a reputation of integrity and is widely known for offering the best rates. For more information, you can reach them via their official website.